Lifestyle {Blueberry, Basil and Cucumber Water}

Monday, June 8, 2015

Wow Meredith, a blog post about water. I hope you are starting to think about your outfit for the 2016 James Beard Awards. Because this Individual Food Blog is recreating the idea of water.


Right. Okay. Back to reality. The reality of life is that I drink a lot of water. I like it cold and from an attractive vessel. If it is subtly infused with a potpourri of produce and served while I am in a fluffy bathrobe that is even better. At a spa would make it the best water of all time. And this is when people say "First world problems."



Aside from the non-life essential elements of infusing water it really is amazing. Whether you are entertaining, want to turn things up a notch at work or need an incentive to drink more of the water - this is an easy way to jazz up your H2O.



While I have a variety of pitchers this one from Sur la Table is my favorite. With a center tube for infusing, ice, and flavored ice the possibilities are expansive.

And now for the groundbreaking recipe. You can say you knew me when...



Blueberry, Basil and Cucumber Water
1/3 Cucumber,Washed + Sliced
1-2 Handfuls of Blueberries, Washed
6-8 Fresh Basil Leaves, Washed
Water

Combined in a pitcher and chill for at least one hour before serving. Add additional water as needed. Can keep for 3-4 days.

7 comments:

  1. This would definitely get me drinking more water! I need to go make a pitcher of infused water right now so I'll be sipping it all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a new infusing water bottle. I will have to try this combination out asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of cucumber water - it adds just a little bit of flavor but somehow makes it 2x as refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this. I definitely need one of those pitchers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds interesting with the basil and totally worth trying! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds interesting with the basil and totally worth trying! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete