Cravings + No Cream Cheese "Cheese" Cake

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Desserts are not a regular part of my diet.  I love savory food.  Pastas, buttery sauces, bacon, crispy brussels sprout.   Those are the dishes I cook the most and consider comfort food.  Every now and then I get a serious hankering for sweets.  My favorite, being cheesecake.  I also happen to be picky about my cheesecake.  If I am going to indulge, it had better be for some darn good cheesecake.  The sampler platters at the grocery store just don't do it for me.

Well, last night I had a high grade, level 5 cheesecake craving.  Since getting some quality cheesecake in my body on such short notice wasn't possible, I went with my go-to cheater recipe.  Not only is it easy on the figure, it also uses ingredients that are always in my fridge.

1/2 Cup Non-Fat Cottage Cheese
1/2 Cup Fage Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 Egg
1 Tsp Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon








Preheat Oven to 350.  Mix together together the cottage cheese, yogurt, egg, brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon.  Mix together thoroughly.  Fully incorporate the cottage cheese curds.  This can be mixed in the blender or food processor.



Pour into a large ramekin, or, two small ones.  This is a personal choice.  No judgement.  Ever.



Layer chocolate covered almonds on top of the mixture.  They may need a light poke to settle in.



Bake for 30 minutes, or until set.  The edges should be golden brown and the center should only slightly "Jiggle"



Let set and cool completely.  After 10 minutes of cooling, I put mine in the freezer for 10 minutes.  Just to speed up the process.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great recipe! I've never seen such an easy cheesecake recipe before. This is dangerous because I've recently become a major cheesecake lover...!

    ReplyDelete