Donate a Photo

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

If you're like me, you are constantly taking pictures and documenting your life!  My roommate's dog, Athena, kindly tolerates all of my paparazzi tendencies.  At times, she will even pose and work a scarf and sunnies to no end.  More often than not, I share these photos on social media.




Well, now we all have the opportunity to use our Anne Lebovitz skills for good.  Johnson & Johnson has teamed up with several really amazing organizations for the #donateaphoto campaign.  By simply uploading a daily photo through their app and "donating" it, Johnson & Johnson will donate $1 to your chosen cause.

Step 1.  Download the App
Step 2.  Start an Account
Step 3.  Snap Pictures
Step 4.  Pick your favorite and upload.
Step 5.  Pick a program to support and donate.
Step 6.  Repeat the following day.  

Personally, I will be committing a majority of my donations to helping students start careers in healthcare.  Why this program over all of the other incredibly valuable and worthwhile programs?    Well, at every phase of life we all need and deserve quality healthcare. Be that when you are going in for routine blood work, have a catastrophic accident, or are in any way a participate in the business of being born.  The Bridge to Employment program works with youth aged 14-18 from disadvantaged communities and encourages them to excel academically and elevate their career aspirations.  

The BTE students have the opportunity to work in labs and have hands on experience before they ever take the SAT or begin the daunting college application process.  They learn by doing.  These scholars are mentored by Johnson & Johnson employees.  One of the largest and most successful corporations in the world.  And if it weren't for BTE, most of these teens would never have that opportunity.  An overwhelming number of participants will be first generation college graduates.  That takes a lot of drive, passion and hunger!  

I'm not sure about you, but when it is time for me to go in for my annual checkup, or, I ever have a major medical crisis, I would feel very safe in the hands of a BTE alum.  I want my parents, sisters, brother-in-law, cousins, friends, neighbors, and, strangers down the street, to receive medical care from the best and the brightest.  I want them treated by professionals who started training when they were 14.  And, I want all of our daily photo donations to help ensure that happens!  

After all, we are all very precious cargo.   




For every photo you donate, Johnson & Johnson gives $1 to FHI 360. That $1 helps provide a college scholarship to a graduating Bridge to Employment high school student, helping them start a career in healthcare. It takes 1,000 photos to provide 1 college scholarship to a student in need.


No comments:

Post a Comment