It's Getting Hot Out There {Blackberry + Grapefruit Spritzer}

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Please forgive my take on Nelly lyrics for this post's title, the sun makes me do crazy things!!  Portland is experiencing some very warm weather (it is supposed to hit 89 on Thursday!!) and things are getting fun!  Outdoor everything is in effect and happiness is beaming from every corner of the city.  

This great weather is also the perfect excuse to cool down with a refreshing cocktail!  I am not a big fan of sweet,sugary cocktails but like to occasionally mix up my vodka+club soda or red wine routine.  So, for yesterday's neighborhood happy hour I pulled together a light and fruity cocktail that complimented the weather.  Please know I will be making these every night this week!



Also, please forgive the haphazard photography!!  The sun was calling my name!




Blackberry + Grapefruit Spritzer
Serves 1

6 Blackberries
Honey
4 Mint Leaves
1/2 Grapefruit
2 Ounces Vodka
Ice
Sparkling Water 

1.  In a large tumbler add the blackberries and drizzle with honey.  The amount of honey will vary based on desired sweetness.  Tear and massage mint leaves over the berries.  Add juice from half of a large grapefruit.  Stir and lightly mash the berries.
2.  Add vodka and stir.  Fill the glass with ice.
3.  Top off with sparkling water and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment