Liebster Award!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Without a doubt, the best part of blogging is all of the wonderful people I have met.  Kayla, over at The Sweet Wonder, was the first person outside of family and friends who commented on the blog.  She is always sending the kindest and most encouraging feedback.  In addition to being so nice this mama-to-be is also a beautiful writer and smarty pants!  I was so flattered when she nominated me for a Liebster Award!  


The rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the questions given to you.
3. You must pick ten bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create ten questions for your nominees.
5. You most notify the nominees.


1. Describe your ideal Friday night.
Since Thursday is my favorite day of the week, Fridays are usually reserved for casual activities.  Perhaps a movie or a happy hour.  Almost always low key.

2. Chocolate, hard, or gummy candy, and what's your favorite?
Chocolate.  Or chocolate covered gummy bears.

3. What TV show or movie has most impacted your life?
This was a hard question for me to answer.  I LOVE TV!  I would have to say the show that has stuck with is Gilmore Girls!  Though, I really love Parenthood, Friday Night Lights, Parks and Rec and Grey's Anatomy.


4. What non-domesticated animal would you like to have as a pet?
Baby Panda!!!!!!

5. Tell us a fashion trend you want to see come back ASAP.
This is a tricky question... I would have to say I would love to see people dress up more.  In recent years I have seen people, especially men, wearing denim to business meetings, conferences, dinner dates and even weddings.  While I love jeans, leggings  and stretch attire, there is a time and place.  Bring back the dress pants!  Bring back the dress!  Bring back the polish!

6. What is your favorite creative outlet?
Cooking.  No doubt about that.  It is where I feel most confident, challenged and can work through anything in my head.

7. I pay for your next vacation. Yay! Where are you going?
Greece for two weeks!

8. Who is the most important person in your life?
My goodness, these questions are hard!!  I have a really amazing family and they are all important to me.  I am going to have to go with my mom on this one.  She is my biggest cheerleader and the most selfless person I know.  She always gives 200% at work, home and in the community.  While I will save all of the gushing for a future post, I must say, I have no idea what I would do without her.  She lifts me up when I am down and keeps me in check when my head gets too big.

9. What's your favorite season and why?
Fall!  I love the fashion, colors, food and warmth.

10. Where do you go to feel inspired?
Living in Portland, OR is inspiring all of the time.  The grocery stores are beautiful. The coffee is artisan.  The ice cream is the best in the world. The people are smart.  The trees are even inspiring.  


Who I am Nominating: Chocolate and Marrow
Tossing the Script
Gus and Lula
Love, Rachel
Caitlin Liz
The Misadventures of Kelly and Kelly
Torie And Tristan



1. Of all your life "Must Haves" (cellphone, car, eating out, shopping, vacations, etc) what would you give up?

2 If you could live in any other city in the United States where would you?
3. If you could live in any other city internationally, where would you live?
4. If you could eat any meal and calories don't count, what would it be?
5.  Do you have future baby names picked out?
6.  Last book you read?
7. Blogger trend you are ready to go away?
8.  If you could decorate your home from any store, top to bottom, what would you choose?  Budget is not an issue.
9.  What has been the hardest thing for you to accept about yourself?
10. What do you love most about yourself?


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination, lady! I agree with you so hard on #5. I love dressing up, but I often feel over-dressed when I do it. Even wearing a pencil skirt makes me feel like I stick out a bit here in Portland (God forbid I wear one on Hawthorne or Mississippi, which I've done). Let's class this place up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep I now this is super late but thank you for the nomination!! So sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete