Hair + Makeup {Urbaca}

Monday, November 10, 2014

Hello, lovelies!!  Some of you may know this, but, I am a huge fan of all things beauty oriented.  
Hair? Yup!  Makeup?  Of course!!  Beauty treatments???  Pedi-what!!  
So, when Sherry at Urbaca Salon invited me in for a blow-out and make-up application I jumped at the chance!!  

In fact, I was able to visit twice and experience Caitlyn's magical skills times two!  Talk about double the fun!


Caitlyn is such a beauty, inside and out.  We chatted about fashion, boys, recipes and travel.  The conversation was genuine,fun and left me feeling energized.  Echoing Kelsey, it was very different from the typical spa conversation.  I don't know how many times I have been in a salon and overheard stylists and patrons gossiping, critiquing other people and just not being very nice.  I could tell Caitlyn was sincerely interested in my stories and cared.  

{Expert Tip: use 1-ply of tissue paper as a barrier to dust setting powder on your lipstick.  It will stay put all night long!}

The treatment started off with such an amazing and relaxing wash and scalp massage.  Seriously, Caitlyn should teach scalp massage classes!!  She then introduced me to a few new products {one of which I immediately purchased} and gave me such a great blow-out!  For those of you that know me, I have A LOT of hair, and the first visit was before I cut off several inches.  She then curled my hair into flowing, Victoria's Secret Model waves.

{Look at that volume!!}

We then moved on to makeup.  Within minutes, I asked Caitlyn if she has a creative family.  It was no surprise that her entire clan is extremely artistic.  Watching her brushes dance across the buffet of beautiful enticing shadows and powders was a uniquely relaxing experience.  I felt completely safe in her hands.  For our first session, she went with a smoky look that played up my eyes and was very much on-trend.  The second look played up my cheek bones and gave me some serious bedroom eyes!

Caitlyn kindly walked me through everything she was doing.  She shared tips and tricks--many of which I have incorporated into my routine!  It was not only a relaxing experience, but, an educational one!  Hello, love languages!!


{Blogging made me selfie!}

For both looks, I received so many compliments about my hair and makeup.  After my first appointment, everyone raved about how luscious my locks looked and the sultry eye I was rocking.  When I say everyone, I mean strangers at an event were coming up to me asking where my lipstick came from!  For the second, more natural look, I was actually having a party.  Friends, new and old, kept commenting on how great I looked!  They wanted to know what I was doing differently.  The answer?!  Urbaca, of course!!


Whether you need your hair + makeup done for your office holiday party, are in need of a little "me" time, or, are planning your Portland wedding and need a makeup artist for the big day, look no further than Caitlyn at Urbaca!

120 NW 9th Ave #101
Portland, OR 97209
503.241.5030

While these services were complimentary, I was not required to write about the experience.  All thoughts and opinions are mine.
  

5 comments:

  1. Love Urbaca! Caitlyn is a total pro, your hair and makeup looks fabulous in both pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous! love love love! and caitlyn is awesome
    ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty!!! This place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously have perfect skin. And that's the perfect shade of red lip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #YASSSSS...I need all of this fabulousness in my life. Both looks are stunning!
    Athena sent a brain text, she says "Woof Mere!"

    ReplyDelete