Let's get registered, registered

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Source unknown

One of my favorite and most important life memories is the very first time I voted. It was June of 2005, just a week after graduating from high school, I excitedly marched into the elementary school gym and found my polling place. Wearing a glittery shirt that said, "Rock the Boat!! Get out the Vote!" I cast my ballot. It wasn't a Presidential year, but just as important. I still remember who I voted for to be on the school board. And I still have my very first "I Voted" sticker.

I sent this picture to my dear friend, Adam, on 2012 after I had voted for him!

Are you at least 18 years of age and a U.S. Citizen? Then let's get you registered!! 


Are you registered? Let's get you re-registered! Making sure your address and information is up-to-date is just as important as the first registration. If your address is inaccurate your ballot may not come to you, or you may be turned away at the polls.


In the U.S. voting is a right, and it is a right we must exercise. The research and conversation may certainly involve the blood, sweat and tears of a rigorous workout. It should. Voting is a right that millions have died for. And when you debate, debate with kindness, information and compassion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment