Lifestyle {How to host a soup swap}

Monday, October 19, 2015

If you follow me on Instagram you may know that last weekend I hosted a soup swap. What exactly is a soup swap? A soup swap is the exchange and sharing of freezable soups among foodie friends.

For my swap I sent out invitations 6-weeks early via Paperless Post and finalized the headcount 2-weeks prior. Our group didn't have any distinct food allergies, but had there been I would have asked guests to consider things like nut-allergies or celiacs. With 8 guests I decided that 12oz portions was reasonable and would easily fit in everyone's freezers. It is also the perfect size for lunch. I hosted the swap on a Saturday morning from 11am-12:30pm. I felt like this was late enough that people could sleep in, work out, or get in a trip to the farmers market, but not so late that it didn't take up their entire Saturday. As it was a morning activity I had Delicious Donuts delivered via Caviar, and served apple cider! Erin brought brandy for the apple cider, I would highly recommend it!


The soup swap was such a hit that before the party ended we decided it needs to happen again in January. It has been so fun pulling different soups out of my freezer for lunches or easy dinners. With selections like carrot-ginger bisque, broccoli cheddar, chicken noodle and beef stew it is already one of my favorite events I've ever hosted.

Have you ever hosted a soup swap? What kind of soup would you bring? I would love to know how you celebrate soup season!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea. It's so much better than the typical cookie swap. So much healthier. I think I would do a cauliflower with truffle oil...so good.

    Www.dawnehanks.com

    ReplyDelete