SnapStory {Bei Bei, Buttercream Bakery and Rose's Luxury}

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Last month I had the pleasure of heading to DC to visit my sister Stephanie. In typical fashion our trip involved plenty of eating, walking after meals and quirky sister dynamics. I was also able to catch up with a lot of friends, including Mary Ellen. In one day we went to the National Zoo to hang with Bei Bei, enjoy some wine outside, check out Buttercream Bakery, and experience Rose's Luxury!! My step count for the day was about 27,000 - I imagine the calorie count was the same.

Delicious cheesecake from Buttercream Bakery

The famous strawberry sauce at Rose's Luxury

For Rose's Luxury we lined up more than an hour before opening in order to get a spot. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, but I also had great company and ideal weather. My friend Quinn happened to be in town and it allowed for some quality catch-up. We hadn't seen each other in about three years, but it was as if nothing had changed. Thanks, GChat!

As for Rose's Luxury?? Well it exceeded the hype! I was beyond impressed with the creative use of ingredients and how the menu brought in flavors from around the world. I was certainly expecting something much more Italian. The interior design is truly thoughtful and sweet. From the handmade tables (crafted by Rose's grandson) to the ombre bathroom that overlooks the bathroom, everything is perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment