Recipe {Roasted Rhubarb+Asparagus with Burrata}

Monday, April 25, 2016


This just might be my favorite recipe ever featured on the blog. It is simple, flavorful and diverse. I could see this making a great addition to brunch, being a quick appetizer for rosé on the deck or as side to fish right off the grill.  I'm also planning on tweaking this into the most Portland pizza.




With just a handful of ingredients it is important they are all of the highest quality. I picked up the ruby red rhubarb from the farmers market and the olive oil comes from Oregon's very own Red Ridge Farms. The local olive oil balances the tart rhubarb and pulls together the vegetables.  The burrata, mozzarella filled with creamier mozzarella, comes from Trader Joe's (a pack of two balls is $5), and can be found at most grocery stores.


When roasting the rhubarb and asparagus it is important they are tender on the inside but still crisp. Mush rhubarb is not the goal.


I recommend serving this with toasted naan or ciabatta. And if you want to cut the carbs and just call it a salad, DO IT!!



Red Ridge Farm generously sent me the olive oil, and all opinions are my own.

2 comments: